Even the most magic holidays and experience can be ruined if you will not feel comfortable and warm. Not wearing appropriate boots and clothes in our conditions you risk not only your memories but also health.
It is very important that your clothes are suitable for the weather conditions and planned activities.
We recommend to all Tromsø visitors to wear multiple layers of clothes, outer layer wind and waterproof, inner layers including:
- Base layer (wool/synthetic)
- Thin mid-layer (wool/fleece) and
- Thick third layer
By dressing in these layers, you will also stay warm on your city walks, northern light trips, ski/snowshoe trips, boat trips and other outdoor activities.
- when you stay active you warm up fast, therefore it is good to have small backpack for clothes you do not need to wear at the moment but may need to put later on
- even wearing warm clothes you need to move around to stay warm, you cannot stand still outside for hours
- it is the air and your blood that keeps you warm; your clothes should be loose to assist comfort, good blood circulation and trap air to keep you warm
- even the warmest shoes will not keep you warm if they will be too small or you put few layers of socks and you slow down blood circulation in your feet
- you need to dry your boots well after every use, wet or damp boots will not be warm!
- always have some spare socks and gloves with you
- plan enough rest and drink a lot of water, when your body is tired you feel cold.
Cold-weather clothing is typically included in activities such as dog sledding, snowmobile driving and reindeer sleigh. This should be inquired with your tour operator. Some Northern Light excursions also offer a thermal suit and winter boots, but not all of them.
Tromsø Outdoor provides outer clothes for adults, children and in large sizes - up to 9XL (app.186 belt length for trousers and jacket).
To keep you warm during your stay in Tromsø we offer two kinds of clothing packages. Both of these two packages will keep you warm while outside.
- down jacket
- thermal pants
- winter boots
- mittens and hat
The Exclusive Arctic Clothing Package consists of a 2-piece set (jacket and thermal pants) and is the more comfortable option for a longer stay - more city friendly if you want -, which will still keep you warm in minus temperatures during excursions. A perfect solution in case you do not owe own winter gear or want to save luggage space.
! You still need to bring your own base and mid layer clothes or buy them on the spot.
- thermal suit
- winter boots
- mittens and hat
The Arctic Clothing Package (one-piece warm suit) is great if you need additional warm and wind proof shell for outdoor activities or Northern light chases. A one suit prevents from snow entering even in strong winds and if you plan to play in the snow, lie down, slide etc.
Prices for adults/children below 16yo
Arctic clothing package
1 day NOK 289,-/185,-
2 days NOK 395,-/255,-
3 days NOK 490,-/320,-
4 days NOK 565,-/365,-
5 days NOK 605,-/405,-
Every next day NOK 60,-/40,-
Exclusive arctic clothing package
1 day NOK 389,-/255,-
2 days NOK 530,-/345,-
3 days NOK 655,-/425,-
4 days NOK 745,-/485,-
5 days NOK 820,-/535,-
Every next day NOK 85,-/55,-
One day rental = any time up to 24 hours.
To book Tromsø Outdoor Winter Clothes and Footwear in advance please find the size of the clothes for you and use the Tromsø Outdoor website to order articles for yourself. You can also rent on the spot when you arrive as long as we have clothes/sizes available.
PICK-UP OR DELIVERY OF RENTALS
Tromsø Outdoor is open daily 9am-6pm. You can pick up and return rentals during these hours.
If you need your rental delivered to your hotel you can order hotel delivery or pick up on line together with the rentals, or separately on the later date until 3 days prior to your arrival. Service fee applies.
If you require a delivery, you will need to complete and sign the equipment rental contract before we deliver the order for you. You need to fill out, sign and scan the contract and send it back to email@example.com together with a picture/copy of your ID. We will send an empty form to you when we register your reservation.