General information about the virus and the situation in Norway
If you have questions about the coronavirus situation and travelling in Tromsø and Norway, you'll find updated information and travel advice at the Norwegian Institute of Public Health.
We followed the information and advice provided by the institute, WHO, NHO and Tromsø municipality and adjust our routines accordingly on a daily basis, and from 13.03.2020 we suspend all operations.
You can find all the tips to avoid the spreading of the virus at the Norwegian Institute of Public Health’s website.
If you are experiencing symptoms like fever, sore throat, chest pain and breathing difficulties while in Norway, please stay in your hotel room / apartment and contact hotel guest service by telephone, or call the 24-hour Norwegian medical service at (+47) 116117 for guidance and assistance.
Don't go to the hospital yourself, contact the service number and explain your situation. This is the best and most effective way to receive competent and prompt help.
Cancellations of existing bookings
If you shall arrive or have arrived between 13th of March and 29th of March and until we reopen your booking will be canceled and full refund of the reservation costs will be send to you.
If you would like to cancel at this point booking for later date than 29th of March it will be cancelled according to our terms and conditions, present online and on your booking confirmation.
We recommend that you inquire your travel insurance company about refund of the cancellation costs in such case.
Tromsø Outdoor terms and conditions of cancellations
Cancellations received within 1 hour of making the reservation or more than 60 days prior to the date of a rental: no charge
31 - 59 days prior to the date of rental: 25% of the total rental price
8 - 30 days prior to the date of rental: 50% of the total rental price
Less than 8 days prior to the date of rental: 100% of the total rental price
Cancellations received within 1 hour of making the reservation or more than 14 days: no charge
14 - 7 days prior to activity: 50% of the total activity price
Less than 7 days prior to activity: 100% of the total activity price
Any cancellations should be provided in written form (by e-mail to email@example.com) and apply from the date Tromsø Outdoor AS has received written notification of the cancellation.
Cancellations received within 1 hour of making the reservation or more than 60 days prior to the date of a rental or activity: no charge
0 - 15 days prior to the date of the activity - 50% of the total activity price
Less than 15 days prior to the date of the activity - 100% of the total activity price
Extra steps taken at Tromsø Outdoor to prevent transmission of the virus before we suspended the daily operations.
- We encourage all our guests to use hand sanitizes available in our center and during tours.
- We ask all our guests to keep distance of minimum one metre from our employees and to withdraw from participating in activities if they feel unwell.
- Guests with visible flu-type symptoms will we refused participation in the activities and will be asked to leave the Rental Centre immediately and recommended to contact local health service
- Our rental clothes are left to a quarantine period of 5 days before they are available for rental after they were used. If the situation may require that clothes will not be available for rental until further notice.
- We introduced additional cleaning routines in the centre including sanitizing at least once daily all door handles, desks and keyboards.
- All our employees who are not feeling healthy are obliged to stay home.
- We provide rental services, and items in our centre are used by other people. We have no possibility to ensure they are sterile and therefore we recommend guests who consider themselves in risk groups to evaluate risks and take own measurements before using the gear.
- All our employees are instructed about the directions regarding hygiene and hand washing routines especially and regularly updated in the newest information about the recommendation from the authorities.
We hope that situation will stabilize and all the steps taken now will result in stopping of spreading of the virus.